Monday, May 16, 2005

My New Favorite Person

Spain is now a place I want to go. Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero is now the person I like best. He has proven himself to be a person of high integrity, standing against the pressure of the Vatican and doing the right thing. I especially love the way he makes the point so clear and concise:

"I will never understand those who proclaim love as the foundation of life, while denying so radically protection, understanding and affection to our neighbors, our friends, our relatives, our colleagues," Zapatero told parliament in a "state of the nation" address.

"What kind of love is this that excludes those who experience their sexuality in a different way?" he said.


and:

"I am aware that this measure is one of the most controversial we have approved...(but) we cannot deny a right to many of our compatriots when the exercise of that right does not harm anyone else," Zapatero said.


I don't really think I need to add anything to that. He said it so perfectly.

Yay for Spain and Yay for PM Zapatero!!! You are a prince among men, Sir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home