Wednesday, May 11, 2005

As Expected, California Conservatives Are Grumpy

As mentioned previously, California legislature has been standing strong on the platform of tolerance and equality and the Conservatives are not happy about it. This article says they're going to start a petition. (Wonderful. Now I have to deal with them all summer long, haunting me as I leave the grocery store.)

My new hero, Democratic Senator Sheila Kuehl, has got her head on straight! I just love her positive attitude and determined stance!

"This is about America, the place where no civil rights movement has ever failed," she said.


And as much as I would like to hang out with Sheila over some coffee and a paper, she's got nothing on my new boyfriend, Democratic Assemblyman Lloyd Levine.

Democratic Assemblyman Lloyd Levine said the proposed amendment amounted to
"legalizing discrimination."

"The fact is plain and simple," he said. "There is a group of people who, for whatever reason, do not like gays and cannot tolerate the idea of two women sleeping together or two men sleeping together. To put that into the constitution… is simply unconscionable."

Isn't he the coolest??

Yay Lloyd and Sheila!!! Write to both of them and tell them how awesome you think they are! Let them know we're watching and we're proud of them!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home